How do Uplift and Unwind work?
- Uplift and Unwind are functional RTDs that contain a proprietary blend of nootropics and adaptogens that aim to address cognitive clarity and performance, immune system improvement, and mood.
- Uplift is our healthy energy supplement that contains caffeine and is meant for individuals who are starting their day, need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, or are about to head to the gym.
- Unwind is our relaxation supplement that contains kava and is meant for individuals who are looking to take the edge off after a long day or a social lubricant before festivities.
How many Unwinds can I drink?
- Unwind contains nootropics and adaptogens, including kava, which can affect people differently. While certain individuals may feel the relaxation effects after consuming half of a can, others may not feel the effects until thirty minutes after consuming their first can. If it is your first time drinking Unwind or anything containing kava, it is recommended that you drink one can and see how you feel after approximately thirty minutes. We recommend that you do not consume more than two cans per day but please use your discretion. Kava, the relaxation ingredient in Unwind, can affect people differently based on height, weight, and a variety of other factors.
Can I mix alcohol with Unwind?
- It is not recommended that you mix alcohol with Unwind.
- Uplift does not contain kava. Uplift does contain nootropics and adaptogens, as well as caffeine.
- The FDA does not approve food, beverage, or dietary supplements. Uplift and Unwind are considered dietary supplements.
- It is not recommended that individuals drive or use heavy machinery after consuming Unwind. Kava, the relaxation ingredient in Unwind, can affect people differently based on height, weight, and a variety of other factors.
- Uplift contains 100 mg of caffeine so it is advised that you use your discretion when consuming Uplift if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is up to the child’s parent or legal guardian if they would like their child to consume caffeine.
- It is not recommended to consume Unwind if you are pregnant or breast feeding. It is also not recommended to consume Unwind if you are under eighteen years old.
- All sales are final so please keep in mind when purchasing.
Is your kava ethically sourced?
- Yes, our kava is ethically sourced from native farmers in Vanuatu, an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean.
- What helps separate the high quality kava produced in Vanuatu from other areas of the world is the Vanuatuan culture’s long & honored tradition of kava cultivation. They have established and refined growing techniques that enable farmers to produce hearty crops of potent kava year after year.
Can you elaborate on the potential effects of kava on the liver?
- The suggestion that kava damages the liver first surfaced in early 2000 following reports in Western Europe that 83 patients taking kava tablets died (Schmidt et al., 2005). This led to what is commonly known as the European Kava Ban. At the time of the ban, European doctors were estimated to have been prescribing 70 million (tablet) doses of kava daily, with most of this supplied for alleviating anxiety symptoms (Schmidt et al., 2005: 186). The withdrawal of kava from the European markets led to a 12-year court battle which was not resolved until 2014 by the Federal Court of Germany. The final ruling by the Court was that it was highly unlikely that kava had caused the reported deaths, and that liver damage from kava was so rare it was negligible. The Court rejected claims of liver damage caused by kava, and specified that these assertions were a gross misrepresentation of the possible effects (Kuchta et al., 2015; Schmidt, 2014).